Now I can hear you all already! " he's lost the plot completely now this lad! Call a doctor!"
But listen! Trust me, have I ever let you down?
This recipe is absolutely amazing, a few simple ingredients, mixed together and used to cover Tuna to lightly cure it, packed full of flavour and zing,
I'm using tuna, but you can also use salmon, sea trout, scallops, mackeral, herrings........ The list is endless
This recipe will serve 4 people as a cracking starter
1. A 400g piece of fresh tuna (this must be fresh as fresh can be!!!!)
2. 1 red chilli finely chopped (seeds in! I'm watching you)
3. A 1 inch piece of fresh ginger finely grated
4. 2 fresh limes, zest and juice
5. 4 fresh Passionfruit, halved and flesh removed
6. 50ml of vodka
7. Squeeze of honey
8. Handful of fresh chopped coriander
9. Handful of fresh chopped mint
METHOD 1. Put the piece of tuna on a board and slice it across in very thin slices.
2. Lay the slices side by side overlapping in a circle onto four plates.
3. Cover each one with clingfilm and set aside in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or until you are ready to serve.
4. Shortly before you are ready to serve make the dressing. 5. Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well, taste, add more of which ingredients you like until you have the taste you want, BUT remember it needs to be tangy, with just a hint of sweetness from the honey, too much and the cure won't do its thing!!!
6. To serve, uncover the plates, spoon over the dressing and spread it over the surface of the tuna. 7. leave it for 10 minutes at room temperature for the acid in the lime,vodka and passionfruit to begin "cooking"the tuna.
8. Don't leave it any longer because it then becomes less fresh and vibrant tasting Now you've got to say! That does the pretty delicious, go on give it a go, let me know what you think