Risottos are fantastic if done correctly, by no means do I think mine is the best! Every chef will have their own recipes, this is mine, I think it works beautifully with seafood of every kind, experiment! That's what cooking is all about
1 litre of Fish,chicken or vegetable stock
1 tsp saffron threads
50g butter, plus 15g extra
A good splash of light olive oil
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 Carrot peeled and finely chopped
A handful of frozen peas
50g shallots, finely chopped
250g risotto rice
125ml dry white wine
4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
1. Heat the stock in a saucepan, add the saffron threads and put over the lowest heat just to keep it warm.
2. Melt the butter and oil in a heavy-based saucepan over a low to medium heat
3. add the chopped shallots, garlic, carrot and cook for a couple of minutes or so, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, until softened. 4. Add the risotto rice and keep stirring for a minute or so
5. Turn up the heat and add the wine, Keep stirring until it is absorbed. 6. Start ladling in the hot saffron infused stock
7. allow each ladleful to absorb as you stir before adding the next.
8. Stir and ladle the stock into the rice until it is cooked but still has a slight bite to it. This should take about 20-25 minutes 9. Turn off the heat and add the peas,the heat from the risotto will be enough to warm the peas, stir in a knob of butter and the grated Parmesan, then season to taste.
Serve immediately, spooning the mixture into warmed bowls, use whatever Seafood you like, add some Smoked salmon, throw in some prawns, top with a pan fried piece of sea bass or scallops??? The list is absolutely endless