This is such a simple recipe, and I'd put my money on that people won't be able to tell the difference!
The recipe has come about purely through menu development for the restaurant, I've made a conscious decision to make the recipes gluten free, if only to prove that gluten free doesn't have to mean boring and monotonous
So I'm hoping you'll give this recipe a whirl and prove me right!!
150g of good quality 85% cocoa solids dark chocolate 170g of unsalted butter
3 large eggs
150g of golden caster sugar
150g of dark muscovado sugar
150g of ground almonds
2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
85g of chopped mixed nuts
1. Preheat oven to 180c
2. Lightly grease a 9 inch baking tin and line with a piece of grease proof paper on the bottom.
3. Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a heat proof bowl along with the butter.
4. Place the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and leave to melt.
5. Beat the eggs in a bowl until lightly pale
6. Gradually add the sugars into the mixture until pale and thick
7. Stir in the melted chocolate mixture and the vanilla extract.
8. Fold in the ground almonds and the chopped mixed nuts
9. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for about 35 minutes ( remember that the brownie should be gooey not firmly set)
10. Leave to cool slightly before removing and cutting into squares.
Now I'm pretty partial to this piece of chocolate heaven, served warm with raspberries and clotted cream, you can't beat it