My favourite ingredients all in one recipe, this recipe is so comforting, absolutely delicious, you'll never get tired of eating it
This recipe will serve 4 people
4 thick fillets of Hake about 200g each, with skin on
150g of frozen peas (if you can get freshly podded peas fantastic)
6 rashers of streaky bacon finely chopped
1 large or 2 small leeks, trimmed, cut into rough 1cm squares and washed really well
200ml double cream
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Season the hake fillets with salt and pepper.
2. Add the peas to a pan of salted water and simmer for four to five minutes, then drain
3. Melt half of the butter in a heavy-based saucepan and add the bacon and leeks. Cover and cook gently stirring every so often, until the leek is soft.
4. add the peas to the leek and bacon with the cream.
5. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for a few minutes until the cream has reduced and is just coating the peas.
6. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying-pan, on a medium-high heat.
7. Add the hake fillets skin-side down.
8. Cook for three to four minutes until nicely golden brown then turn the fillets and add the rest of the butter to the pan.
9. Cook for a couple of minutes until the hake is just cooked through.
10. To serve, spoon the creamed peas, leeks and bacon on to warmed plates and place the hake on top.
Is there anything better?!! Absolutely fantastically delicious